Express Scripts Medicare® (PDP) is an individual Medicare Part D plan that is available nationwide and in Puerto Rico. If you currently have prescription coverage through another plan, you may not need to join Express Scripts Medicare. You cannot enroll in this program if you get drug coverage from a current or former employer or union that helps you pay for your drugs.
Express Scripts Medicare offers two high-quality prescription drug plans to meet your personal medication needs and budget:
- Low monthly premium
- $0 generic drugs (Tier 1) at more than 27,000 pharmacies, including Walgreens and local, independent pharmacies*
- $3 generic drugs (Tier 1) for a 90-day supply with home delivery from the Express Scripts PharmacySM†
- $0 deductible for generic drugs (Tiers 1 & 2)
- $0 generic drugs (Tier 1) for a 90-day supply with home delivery from the Express Scripts Pharmacy†
- $1 generic drugs (Tier 1) at more than 27,000 pharmacies, including Walgreens and local, independent pharmacies*
Both plans have the medications, pharmacies and services that our members value:
- Broad coverage for more than 3,000 of the most commonly prescribed medications
- Freedom to use more than 67,000 pharmacies in our national network
- Convenient home delivery from the Express Scripts Pharmacy†
- Express Scripts Medicare Advisors to help you enroll and find ways to lower your drug costs all year
- Express Scripts pharmacists to answer your questions 24/7
- Express Scripts specialist pharmacists have expertise in the medications used to treat specific conditions, such as diabetes and high cholesterol, to give you greater peace of mind
If you're interested in learning more about the Express Scripts Medicare individual Medicare Part D plan, visit Express-ScriptsMedicare.com.
Need help finding the best option?
For general Customer Service, call an Express Scripts Medicare Advisor at 1.866.477.5703, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., 7 days a week, except Thanksgiving and Christmas. This information is available for free in other languages. TTY users should call 1.800.716.3231.
*Our network of more than 67,000 pharmacies offers both standard and preferred cost-sharing. Members may use any of our pharmacies (retail and home delivery), but costs may be lower at a pharmacy offering preferred cost-sharing. Those who receive low-income subsidy assistance (Extra Help) pay the same amount as set by Medicare at any network pharmacy.
†Other pharmacies are available in our network. Preferred pharmacies may not be available in all areas. Those who receive low-income subsidy assistance (Extra Help) pay the same copayment as set by Medicare at any network pharmacy.
The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information, contact the plan. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, premium and/or copayments/coinsurance may change on January 1 of each year.
This page was last updated on 12/09/2014.
© Express Scripts Holding Company. All Rights Reserved.
Express Scripts Medicare (PDP) is a prescription drug plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Express Scripts Medicare depends on contract renewal.